The Personal Democracy Forum lists six requirements for the first "tech president": [via Buzz Machine]
- Declare the Internet a public good.
- Commit to providing affordable high-speed wireless Internet access nationwide, along with protecting and expanding unlicensed spectrum for public use, and make the Internet a reliable part of our infrastructure….
- Declare a “Net Neutrality” standard forbidding Internet service providers from discriminating among content based on origin, application or type.
- Instead of “No Child Left Behind,” our goal should be “Every Child Connected.”
- Commit to building a Connected Democracy where it becomes commonplace for local as well as national government proceedings to be heard by anyone any time and over time.
- Create a National Tech Corps….
(George, this is the perfect follow-up post to our three hour chat this morning.) For those of you that weren’t there, this morning’s topic was: "True or False: Sometimes We Are Better Off Not Knowing."