Claude C. Perry was the son of William Perry and Elizabeth White Perry. The following is the history of Elizabeth White. Source unknown.
Captain William L. White, a prominent citizen of New Lisbon Township, Stoddard County, MO, was born near Nashville, TN, October 5, 1826. His parents were William H and Marry C. (Williamson) White, natives of Halifax County, VA. The father was born May 20, 1788 and died in Bloomfield, MO, August 23, 1873 at the age of eighty-six years. The mother was born December 13, 1790 and died September 29, 1879, at the age of eighty-nine years. They were married in Halifax County, VA. And moved to Davidson County, TN, where they resided until 1832, when they moved to Obion County, TN, where they resided until 1858. They then moved to Dunklin County, MO, and from there in 1867 to Stoddard County, where they passed the remainder of their days.
Mr. White began as a farmer and followed this occupation all his life, but also devoted his time for 76 years to his ministerial duties, being a minister in the Methodist Church. He was a great revivalist as long as he was able to carry on a meeting. The mother had also been a member of that church from early girlhood. They were the very best citizens and were respected by all. Mr. White was a Whig before the war and afterward a Republican.
To their marriage were born ten children, six of whom are now living: Elgin S., Archibald, John W., William L., Mary M. (wife to Leander Page), and George S.
William L. was married March 2, 1848, to Miss Mary A. V. Price, a native of Pennsylvania County, VA., born in October, 1830, who is the daughter of Christopher Price.
This union resulted in the birth of eight children, five of whom are now living: Sarah H., Margaret D. (wife of George Feverston), Ellis and Elwood.
Those deceased are Laura Ann, who died September 22, 1858, at the age of five years; Fernando, who died September 9, 1858, at the age of three years, and Narcissa, who died November 14, 1860, at the age of one year.
When Mr. White began for himself, it was as a farmer in Obion County. There he has since continued to reside, with the exception of five years. In 1871 he went to Bloomfield, and engaged in the hotel and livery business, which he continued four years. He then moved to Dexter, and operated the Farmer’s Hotel, conducting the livery business in connection.
In 1858 he left Tennessee for Dunklin County, MO. and after living there eight years, moved to Stoddard County, MO.
In 1872 and 1873 he was appointed United States Marshal for the Eastern District of Missouri. At the same time, he served as postmaster at Bloomfield. In October, 1865, he organized the Stoddard County Company. When starting for himself he had limited means. Now he is the owner of a well located and improved farm in New Lisbon Township and he and his wife are members of the Methodist Episcopal Church. He is a Republican politically, and is a member of the G.A.R.