It occurred to me today that some of my favorite songs are pretty depressing. I wondered how many I could come up with off the top of my head. Real quick.
- Table for One -Liz Phair
- At Seventeen – Janis Ian
- Picture – Sheryl Crow and Kid Rock
- Space Oddity – David Bowie
- Dark End of the Street – Veronica Klaus
- Streets of Philadelphia – Bruce Springsteen
- Fuck ’em All – Evangenitals
- A Thousand Kisses Deep – Leonard Cohen
This is just a starter-list, in no particular order. And I’m willing to bump some if you can come
up with some that I like as well but still make me want to blow my
brains out. Ten would be a good number, don’t you think? Comments are open.