From Tom Peters’ wonderful book, Re-imagine! Business Excellence in a Disruptive Age:
* Getting things done ultimately is not about “power” or “rank.” It’s about…PASSION and IMAGINATION and PERSISTENCE.
* The biggest waste of time in the world: trying to sell and idea “up the chain of command.”
* A Cool Idea is by definition a…Direct Frontal Attack…on the Holy Authority of Today’s Bosses.
* The power of the “powerless” lies in “Boss-Free Implementation.”
* You don’t need an Officially Big Project to attack a Very Big Opportunity.
* Volunteer for Crappy Jobs: crappy jobs that let you take independent charge of things quickly—and early in your tenure.