Kevin Kelly points to a list of new tests for AI (now that it’s whupped human champs of chess, Jeopardy and Go. A few of my favorites below. I hope I live to see some of these. Such intelligence will have no patience for putting human morons in charge of anything important.
9. Take a written passage and output a recording that can’t be distinguished from a voice actor, by an expert listener.
18. ￼￼￼￼Fold laundry as well and as fast as the median human clothing store employee.
26. Write an essay for a high-school history class that would receive high grades and pass plagiarism detectors. For example answer a question like ‘How did the whaling industry affect the industrial revolution?’
27. Compose a song that is good enough to reach the US Top 40. The system should output the complete song as an audio file.
28. ￼￼￼Produce a song that is indistinguishable from a new song by a particular artist, e.g. a song that experienced listeners can’t distinguish from a new song by Taylor Swift.
29. Write a novel or short story good enough to make it to the New York Times best-seller list.
31. ￼￼￼Play poker well enough to win the World Series of Poker.