I’m old enough to remember when earning a six figure salary meant you had made it. You were rich. This post on the Personal Capitol blog explains why that is no longer the case. Here are a few nuggets to get you started:
- the median household income stuck at around $53,093 in 2014
- the average price of living the American dream has now risen to $130,000 per year
- today’s family would need to earn $288,713.59 to achieve the same kind of lifestyle as someone making $100,000 in 1980.
- the median price of a home was around $282,000 nationally in May 0f 2014.
- the cost of raising one child for a middle class couple has grown to a staggering $241,080.