The first iOS gadget shipped in 2007 and just a whole bunch of folks scoffed at the notion anyone would pay $400 for a mobile phone. What’s happened since then?
- Nokia’s smartphone handstet market share dropped from 24% to 16% in one year.
- 97% of all tablet traffic in the United States comes from iPads. The number is 100% in Japan and 99% in the UK. (The global average is 89%.)
- last year Google earned about $102 million from apps sales, while Apple raked in $1.7 billion.
- Apple has ordered two manufacturers to build enough iPhone 5 handsets to sell 15 million in the first month of sales (August or September).
- 40% of all smartphone buyers in Europe say they intend to buy an iPhone next time they buy a phone.
- There are 910 million mobile phone subscribers in China (where the iPhone is very popular)
- Apple has sold 25 million iPads to date and one analyst believes Apple will sell a billion of them.