Our world (if you are a one-world sort of person) view is shaped by many things. Genetics, early programming, people we meet and experiences we have along the way. And –for me– ideas I encounter in the books I read.
It’s unlikely anyone is going to ask me what I believe (for which I am grateful) but I’m ready. Just in case. The answer(s) –if it is anywhere– is somewhere in these books.
- The Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- Buddha’s Brain – Rick Hansen
- His Dark Materials – Philip Pullman
- Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul – Deepak Chopra
- God Theory – Bernard Haisch
- Quantum Eniga: Physics Encounters Consciousness
- Biocentrism – Robert Lanza
- The Ultimate Happiness Prescription – Deepak Chopra
- Jesus Interrupted – Bart D. Ehrman
- God’s Debris – Scott Adams
- The Singularity Is Near – Ray Kurzweil
- The Voice of Knowledge – Don Miguel Ruiz
- This Perfect Day – Ira Levin
- Peace Is the Way – Deepak Chopra
- The Book of Secrets – Deepak Chopra
- Life After Death – Deepak Chopra
- The God Delusion – Richard Dawkins
- The Religion War – Scott Adams
- The Four Agreements – Don Miguel Ruiz
As I think about this, it occurs to me that understanding why might be as important as what we believe.