Found these (and much more) at Mashable. Specific digitally-oriented skills and traits a future journalist would need. These include being:
- a multimedia storyteller: using the right digital skills and tools for the right story at the right time.
- a community builder: facilitating conversation among various audiences, being a community manager.
- a trusted pointer: finding and sharing great content, within a beat(s) or topic area(s); being trusted by others to filter out the noise.
- a blogger and curator: has a personal voice, is curator of quality web content and participant in the link economy.
- able to work collaboratively: knowing how to harness the work of a range of people around him/her — colleagues in the newsroom; experts in the field; trusted citizen journalists; segments of the audience, and more.
If you are a working journalist, could you get the job you have today based on the requirements above?